IMPORTANCE OF INDOOR AND OUTDOOR LIGHTING
Light is a phenomenon of nature that has captured people’s attention since time immemorial. Fire, the sun, the moon, and the stars are among the fascinating natural light sources. Advances in science have enabled us to use natural light and create artificial light, but we cannot completely understand what it is. It played notable roles in our ancestors’ constructions and is the main key to exterior and interior design today. It can also ruin any project if used badly. The work of lighting designers is making the best use of artificial and natural light on a practical and functional level and on a sensory and aesthetic level.
Importance of lighting in indoor places
In homes, offices, and businesses, light plays a vital role.
- Good lighting creates a positive impact on life quality. At work and at home, the emotional and physical state, comfort, productivity, and performance depend, to a high degree, on the type of lighting in place.
- Light also plays an aesthetic role in our lives. It creates visual environments that are prevalent in our daily lives, where we live, work, learn, play sports, enjoy shows, shop, do business, and communicate.
- Current data indicates that lighting accounts for around 20% of electrical energy consumption in a building, which means that a good lighting design will greatly help in improving the energy efficiency of buildings.
- Lighting, varying from customization to lights that create intimate environments, can improve the design in business, help to highlight certain objects, and contribute to customer flow.
Importance of lighting in outdoor places
Outdoor lighting designs cover public and private outdoor spaces like parks, public streets, and buildings, mainly facades.
- In many cases, outdoor lighting contributes to the factors mentioned above and ensures the safety of the public.
- In addition, façade lighting gives districts, cities, and their buildings their own nighttime identity, attracting visitors. This mostly has nothing to do with daytime appearances.
- Outdoor lighting also covers diverse aspects like marking paths, highlighting the design of a landscape, complementing house architecture, and enhancing outdoor atmospheres.
A good lighting design achieves the optimum balance between human needs, energy efficiency, and architectural considerations.